Thursday, July 12, 2012

Been studying

Reading through the bible again this year. It's always amazing to me how much I learn every time I begin this journey. I am in Genesis and learning new things every single morning. Family and heritage is all through Genesis along with Blessings from obeying God's commandments, Statues and His Laws. Abraham was blessed, Isaac was blessed,and Jacob deceives his father and takes his brother's blessing.
 I had to smile because as a mother I see the differences in my son's and my daughter. I see the blessings that have been given to them each one based on the Lord's blessings not mine or Dwayne's. I am so thankful that we don't live as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob lived. How difficult it would be to see your kids pit one against the other.
  I am dumbfounded over the fact that Jacob followed his mother's plan to deceive his father. Had Isaac thought to redeem Esau by blessing him after he so carelessly traded his birthright for a meal? Or was Jacob always so cunning that he knew his brother was so hungry that he'd do anything for something to eat and so he took advantage of his brother? I am not sure what the cause for this families issues but I do know that it seemed as though Isaac wanted to redeem his son's careless action in giving up his birthright by giving him a blessing. But sadly Jacob robbed his brother and how sad that is.

 I walk away from this chapter with  it is better to serve your brother and give willingly than to try to manipulate or deceive.

 Gal. 5:17,25
"For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please."

"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit"

 What I love about verse 25 is that it is preceded by:

 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

I am challenged in this every day working with people and living in community.

 Here's to trying to live a fruitful life.

New Places and New Adventures

After so much time away it feels refreshing to be back at blogging.  Here are just a few picture...